skip to Main Content
Back To Top
1. How Can Tourism Drive Economic Recovery Post-COVID-19?
- Is sustainable community-based tourism still viable, given current economic realities?
- How can governments ensure that tourism contributes to the economic well-being of rural communities generally and Indigenous communities more specifically?
- How does tourism link to forestry, agriculture, culture and other tools for sustainable development?
2. Which Tourism Experiences Will be Feasible for Communities and Attractive to Visitors Post-COVID-19?
- How can Indigenous communities, given their roles as environmental and land stewards, respond to the increasing demand for nature-based and wellness tourism?
- How can communities use technology to drive interest and market demand?
- How can communities use technology to create new virtual experiences?
3. How Can Indigenous Communities Create Partnerships and Access Financing?
- Financial inclusion and literacy for Indigenous communities
- How can Indigenous communities structure partnerships to meet their funding needs?
- How can policymakers support funding needs?
4. How Can Indigenous Communities Protect their Intellectual and Cultural Property?
- What are the challenges that Indigenous communities face as they work to retain their intellectual and cultural property?
- How have communities successfully dealt with these challenges under various circumstances?
- How have communities been robbed of their intellectual property in the past and how can we use those lessons looking forward?
5. How Can Communities Plan to Re-open Post COVID-19?
- What guidelines and resources can communities rely on as they plan for safe reopening?
- How can Indigenous communities ensure that outsiders respect their guidelines for health and safety?
- How can leaders prepare community members for reopening?
- How can community members organize around reopening and recovery?